Metal Sheds are Better than Wooden Sheds
The most popular question that arises when someone visits Asgard, look for garden sheds for sale is “why should I buy a metal shed instead of a wooden shed”. And that’s exactly why we’re going to show you the advantages of having metal shed over its wooden and plastic counterparts.
Cheap sheds can be deceptive. Many people think they are getting a bargain, but in the long run the materials used to construct these sheds will not stand the test of time.
One of the most common issues with outdoor metal sheds is rust. There are a lot of cheap sheds out there. These are low quality, cheap metal sheds that are imported into the UK on mass from overseas. This is not only bad for the UK based manufacturing industry, but it also adds to our carbon footprint. The quality of the finish on many of these types of garden buildings is poor, which is what makes these sheds so cheap in the first place. Unfortunately if you do buy or already own one of these sheds, you’re likely to find out they are more likely to rust, even with ongoing maintenance. Whereas a well maintained Asgard shed will last for years.
A metal shed made by Asgard is made from thick galvanised steel. The process of galvanising the metal makes the shed weatherproof and prevents the metal from rusting.
The metal sheds are then coated in polyester powder coat paint in Asgard’s own paint plant. This final layer makes the sheds extra weatherproof, as well as tough and durable. As well as this Asgard only use rust-resistant zinc-coated screws for the shed assembly.
If you’re interested in see what the inside of our factory looks like, including the paint plant visit our Factory Tour page.
What is Galvanised Steel
Asgard sheds are made from Galvanised Steel, which makes them some of the securest, most weatherproof for outdoor storage units on the market.
But what is Galvanised Steel, we hear you ask? Don’t worry we’re going to explain this for you.
Let’s take a look at what Galvanised Steel actually is.
• It is a coating of zinc, that when intact, stops corrosive substances from reaching the underlying steel or iron.
• Serving as a sacrificial anode, even when the surface has been scratched, it still prevents corrosive substances from reaching the underlying steel.
• The zinc corrodes before the iron, thus protecting its base metal. For enhanced results, chromates are applied over the zinc as an industrial trend.
Good quality metal sheds such as Asgard sheds are heavy. The heavy-weight of these sheds means that they are secure.
Some of the Asgard sheds weigh over 70 stone, meaning that burglars would find it very difficult to just lift of the roof and steal the contents from inside. The heavyweight doors also provide security, because they are difficult for a thief to break down.
On average Asgard’s metal sheds are around five times heavier than equivalent sized products from other companies.
With Asgard metal storage sheds you can choose to fix the unit to the floor using the fixing kit, which is included with the shed. By fixing the shed to the ground you will have maximum security for your tools and equipment.
Asgard sheds require a low level of maintenance, other than oiling the hinges and giving the unit a periodic wipe down.
Here are some of the benefits of having a low maintenance metal shed from Asgard.
- No annual re-felting of the roof.
- No repainting.
- No rotten panels to replace.
- No leaks.
The Benefits of an Asgard Metal Shed
To summarise why Asgard’s metal sheds are better than wooden sheds, here are a few points to consider. Low maintenance - no re-roofing or re-sealing - wooden sheds require constant care.
- Asgard units will not rot or leak - wooden sheds are vulnerable to the weather.
- Hidden ventilation system - reduces condensation in the units.
- Very heavy units are almost impossible to move when assembled and fixed.
- 3 or 5 point locking - A wooden shed will at best have a hasp and staple.
- Rust proof* - galvanised steel which is then powder coated.
- All units have an integral metal floor with ground fixing bolts - this adds weight and security.
- Reinforced joints - Wooden units are weak and vulnerable to attack.
- Industry approved locking system - We fit only the best locking systems.
- Many units in the range are LPCB level 1 approved. -This can reduce your insurance premiums.
- Many of our units are UK Locksmiths approved.
- Full after sales support from a nationwide customer services team - If you have a problem, just call us.